Monday, June 2, 2008

majestic

I got busy with work and phone calls that I almost missed the fact a man was abducted Baghdad-style from the front of the Majestic. Parts of the street can be shady, but this was different. Thankfully, he was ok.

I'm still putting together a new audio slideshow about a building restoration. While trying to get permission to interview subjects for this upcoming piece, some phone calls were made on my behalf to a media coordinator. I didn't wait for her to get back to me and instead relied on a overseer who was onsite. He granted me access and I got a brief interview the next day. The funny part is the media coordinator returned an email five days after the interview was concluded and told me everyone was far too busy to be speaking and could not help me. I've learned that if you rely solely on intermediaries you might as well just give up.