Sunday, April 20, 2008

o'malleys

A couple months back I noticed they had gutted the back of the twin spaces at the corner of Kennesaw and Ponce. The space on the right was O'Malleys, which was apparently a tiny pub that fell into disrepair. I didn't find much info about it, sans the fact it was once a pub back in the day. The structure rests on one of the worst corners on Ponce, a spot frequented by dealers and hookers. One of the first times I was propositioned for drugs was shortly after walking by the bordered up doors of O'Malleys.

This past week construction workers finally began overhauling the site. They have stripped the roof and rear as well as torn up the foundation. When I walked by they had begun to pour concrete and touch up the back of building. I took a few frames with my rangefinder. One of the things I love about a small old film camera is that people tend to pay less attention to me when I'm not hauling a big digital.