Wednesday, September 24, 2008

advertising

Too long since the last update. I think ahead and try to prepare but it doesn't help. By the time I have a moment to do personal work, my body aches in a thousand places. My joints are sore from lifting gear or doing chores or running and I don't have the strength to sit in front of a computer. I'm officially in corpse mode.

To make matters worse, my allergies have finally caught up with me. The south is smothered in blankets of pure pollenation. I escaped it for almost three years but through shear perseverance, they found me. The infiltratrion is nothing short of excrusiating. It chokes my airways like drowned bodies clog the Ganges.

Taking pictures during allergy season is like trying to write calligraphy with a jackhammer. You pray that for a split second, your eyes were clouded just enough to find that sweet spot where something is in focus. I set the camera to F11 when I have enough light.

The boys at the scooter shop up the street are hanging a new sign on the side of Paris on Ponce. Business at their bureau seems to be booming. The gas crisis is still crippling the city and most ITP gas stations are either out of gas or only have one type (super premium.) Cars are dying in the streets and if you're lucky enough to find a working pump, you'll fill up on credit because there's no way in hell you can afford $4.59 a gallon in cash.

The scooter owners don't care. I see nothing but smiles on their faces and even though I shouldn't, it makes me smile back. At least some people can find humor in America this week.